Call us 8470 0313

Level 4, 195 Victoria Square, Adelaide

Stevens Law - Lawyers Adelaide

Personal Injury Law Adelaide

Free initial discussions

As with every service we offer our customers, it’s free to contact us to discuss what your options might be and how we may be able to help you.

We can help with:

  • Claims for personal injury arising from a motor vehicle accident. If you meet certain criteria we will conduct your motor vehicle accident claim on a no win no fee basis.
  • Claims for compensation arising from personal injury sustained in public places or private premises (sometimes called occupiers liability claims). If you meet certain criteria we will conduct your occupiers liability claim on a no win no fee basis.
  • Claims for personal injury arising from other circumstances, for instance, an assault, sexual abuse, negligence or medical negligence.

Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

If you have been injured in South Australia by a registered motor vehicle and the accident is not entirely your fault then you are possibly entitled to compensation. Each injury claim is different and needs to be considered on its own merits but if you seek legal advice early on in the matter a lawyer will be able to see that you receive your maximum entitlements. You may be entitled to:

  • Claim for compensation for pain and suffering.
  • Claim for compensation for past medical expenses.
  • Claim for compensation for future medical expenses.
  • Claim for compensation for lost wages or other economic loss including superannuation.
  • Claim for your legal costs associated with recovering the compensation to which you are entitled.

What is the impact of the changes to the law about motor vehicle accident claims?

Motor vehicle accident claims have gone through significant legislative reform recently so it is more important than ever to speak to a lawyer about your claim as soon as practicable after the accident.


Do I need a lawyer?

You do not need to have a lawyer to conduct a motor vehicle accident claim but it is advisable to have one. The costs of legal representation are able to be claimed as a component of your compensation.

We can offer you a no obligation initial appraisal of the prospects of your claim in a free initial consultation. You can contact us by phone to discuss your matter or meet with us in person. You can submit a request for an initial appraisal as to the merit of your motor vehicle accident claim by email.

Allianz acts as the Motor Accident Commission’s appointed insurer for the purposes of motor vehicle accident claims for personal injury in South Australia. That does not make them the injured person’s insurer. The injured person is entitled to have a lawyer of their own who acts only for the injured person and whose job it is to look after the injured person’s best interests.


How do I make a claim?

You need to notify Allianz of your claim as soon as practicable after the accident and within six months from the accident in order to make a claim.

If your claim is not resolved by the third year anniversary of the accident then you need to commence proceedings to ensure you can still bring your claim.

The Allianz website is helpful and provides the injury claim forms for you to download and complete. We recommend that you have a good look at the Allianz website and in particular their frequently asked questions section before you contact us. That ensures you are well prepared for your initial discussion with us. The injury claim form is available at


What is the cost to make a claim for personal injury from a motor vehicle accident?

We will be open and transparent with you about costs from the outset of your matter, but we need to know a bit about your circumstances and the circumstances of the accident and your injuries in order to estimate your costs. In many cases we conduct motor vehicle accident claims on a no win no fee basis. Under this arrangement your fees are deducted from the settlement you win.


Occupiers Liability Personal Injury Claims

Owners and occupiers of commercial and residential premises have certain legal obligations in relation to the safety of their premises and the safety of the environment they provide to customers and invited guests. There is a positive obligation imposed upon an occupier of premises to take all reasonable steps to prevent reasonably foreseeable personal injury being sustained by their customers of invited guests.

If you have fallen or slipped in a supermarket or a hotel or a private residence you may be entitled to: