Areas Of
Family Law

Free 30 Minute Consultation

family talking to a lawyer

Free Initial Discussions

We offer a 30-minute free consultation to discuss the options available to you and how best to move forward in your particular circumstances.

When should you get a family lawyer?

You should make your first contact with a family lawyer when you have decided that separation is likely to occur, or immediately upon separating from your partner. The reason it is important to speak to a lawyer at an early stage in your separation is to ensure you are aware of your rights and entitlements prior to making any informal agreement or signing any Court documents without legal advice.

If your former partner has issued proceedings in the Family Court of Australia or Federal Circuit Court of Australia, you should contact a lawyer immediately to prepare a Response to Initiating Application and other supporting documentation.

Our Services

Whether you have already separated or are considering separation in the near future, we can provide advice on the best process for your specific needs. We can assist you by explaining the multitude of options available to you to resolve separation issues and prepare all the necessary legal documents to ensure a hassle-free process.

We can help resolve disputes regarding children and/or property such as:

  • 1
    Who the children will live with;
  • 2
    Who will remain in the family home or whether it will need to be sold;
  • 3
    Who will pay the home loan and other family debts; and
  • 4
    How to divide the household furniture and effects.

We can suggest the best process forward for your particular circumstances, such as:

  • 1
    Family Dispute Resolution/Mediation;
  • 2
    Consent Orders; or
  • 3
    Issuing Court proceedings.

If you have reached an agreement with your former partner on either property or children’s matters, we can prepare an Application for Consent Minute of Orders and Proposed Consent Order to be filed in the Family Court of Australia to make your agreement enforceable by law.

If you are unable to reach an agreement, we can prepare documents and provide advice on going to Court to resolve your dispute.

Areas Of Family Law

Free 30 Minute Consultation

Scroll to Top