Children’s Issues

Areas Of
Family Law

Free 30 Minute Consultation

child protection lawyer

After separation, it can be difficult to reach an agreement in respect to the care arrangements for the children.

The options available to parties wishing to resolve children’s care arrangements are as follows:

Parenting Plan

A parenting plan is a written agreement between the parties detailing the care arrangements for the children. A parenting plan is not legally enforceable as it has not been approved by the Court and is simply an informal agreement between the parties. Parenting plans are usually the result of mediation between the parties after separation, however, parenting plans are useful to record agreements for the care of children, for example to give to schools.  Our experience Family Lawyers can advise what should be covered in a parenting plan to suit your circumstances.

Consent Orders

Consent Orders are also a written agreement between the parties, the difference being that the agreement is approved by the Court making it legally binding on both parties. This option is great for those not wanting to go through the stressful Court process but still wanting a binding order to ensure consistency and routine in the care arrangements of the children.  Our team can assist you in obtaining a Consent Order.

Court Proceedings

If an agreement cannot be reached between the parties, it is necessary to issue Court proceedings to obtain orders based on evidence between the Court. It is important to note that you continue to be able to reach agreement throughout the Court process if circumstances change.

For further information, please call our friendly Family Law team at Stevens Law for a no obligation discussion today. (08) 8470 0313

Areas Of Family Law

Free 30 Minute Consultation

Scroll to Top